In support of National Suicide Prevention Awareness Week (September 8-14, 2019) and World Suicide Prevention Day (September 10), Each Mind Matters: California’s Mental Health Movement is excited to provide the 2019 Suicide Prevention Activation Kit.
The theme of this year’s activation kit is Finding Purpose: Taking Care of Ourselves and Others. Having a sense of purpose in life is truly powerful, it enhances resiliency in the face of challenging circumstances and helps us keep going when things are tough.
The Kit is organized into the following sections. Resources and suggested activities can be used throughout the year, not just during Suicide Prevention Week!
- Social Media Posts Graphics
- Email templates, a proclamation, and drop-in articles that can be customized
- The 2019 Suicide Prevention Week Poster and Digital Banners
- Printable hand-outs such as a Suicide Prevention Activity Tip Sheet and Each Mind Matters Resource Hand-out.
- Coaster and Coffee Sleeve Activity (email info@
suicideispreventable.org to order coasters and coffee sleeves)
- Tools to support messaging around suicide prevention and working with the media
- Collection of Resources for Self-Care
- Collection of Resources for Suicide Prevention for First Responders
- Collection of Activities and Resources for Schools and Youth
For an overview of the resources and activities in this toolkit, check out the Suicide Prevention Week 2019 Webinar.