The January 26, 2017 webinar provided information about mental health and suicide prevention resources and programs available through Each Mind Matters: California’s Mental Health Movement. Schools, county agencies and community based organizations provided tangible examples and lessons learned to bring back to your own communities. Specific areas covered include:
• Information about the Directing Change Program, including just released evaluation findings and tips to engage schools, youth and diverse communities
• How Directing Change can support meeting the requirements of AB 2246
• Information about the Walk in our Shoes Program
• Each Mind Matters - California’s Mental Health Movement and how youth can get involved
• An overview of resources available to raise awareness about mental health and suicide prevention
This webinar is hosted by Each Mind Matters: California's Mental Health Movement and is part of statewide efforts to prevent suicide, reduce stigma and discrimination related to mental illness, and to promote the mental health and wellness of students. These initiatives are funded by counties through the Mental Health Services Act (Prop 63) and administered by the California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA), an organization of county governments working to improve mental health outcomes for individuals, families and communities.